Blackberry-Mint Shrub Mimosa Recipe
We are going to go ahead and say that shrubs should always be an option as a mimosa modifier. So what actually is a shrub? A shrub is created similarly to a simple syrup and contains sugar, vinegar, and fruit. The result is an amazing concentrate that can be used in a wide variety of cocktails. For this specific recipe, we took fresh blackberries, mint, and lime to create a shrub that you’ll be using from now on for at home cocktails. Just like the Kiwi Mint Orange, this mimosa will pair well with classic, go-to brunch options.
- 5 pints fresh blackberries
- 10 mint leaves
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- Juice & zest from 1 lime
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the sugar and apple cider vinegar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Once the mixture is simmering, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a container with a lid, pour in your blackberries, mint leaves, lime juice and zest, then muddle.
- Pour your sugar/vinegar mixture over the muddled berries, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the mixture and pour into your Shorty Bottle.
- To serve, pour ½ oz - 1 oz into your glass and top with champagne.